Our Health and Wellbeing Checks service is the perfect way to start your care journey. It involves a 30-minute visit from one of our professional care champions to track your key vital signs. This can help support you by alerting you, a family member and your key healthcare professionals to any changes that could show that something isn’t quite right.
This unique service can spot early signs of a decline in a person’s physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Getting help quickly could prevent further deterioration and the need to go to hospital.
The key vital signs that our Care Champions track include:
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Breathing and oxygen saturation
- General wellbeing which is assessed through a questionnaire
How can you or your loved one benefit from this new service?
- Results are recorded digitally using Bluetooth enabled equipment
- Results can instantly determine if any action needs to be taken using the NEWS2 matrix
- In certain circumstances, it could mean that a hospital admittance is avoided
- Can quickly notify a family member or a health professional
How often does a Health and Wellbeing Check take place?
The visits can be as often as you need. They would usually take place once a week, every week at the same time.
We can provide the Health and Wellbeing Checks as a stand-alone service, part of a new tailor-made package of care or as an addition to an existing package of care.
What is the NEWS2 matrix?
The NEWS2 (National Early Warning Score) is a standardised matrix developed by the Royal College of Physicians which improves the detection and response to people at risk of deteriorating. To read more about the NEWS2 score please visit the NHS website.